Monday, July 26, 2010

The Coffee Cozy



Isn't it lovely when you can combine two things you love? Some of my favorites: eating dessert and talking to a friend, swimming in the ocean and hanging out with my husband, working out and eating veggies (ha -- just through that last one in to see if you were paying attention!).

This weekend I did a project that combined two great loves: coffee and sewing. Sort of. Hubby gave me a wonderful book for my birthday (I subtly pulled up the page on half.com for him) called Pretty Little Patchwork. I saw it in a Beverly's craft store and had to have it. Project Number One for me was what the book called "perky bird coffee jackets" but I prefer Coffee Cozies. So much chicer and greener than the cardboard sleeve from Starbucks! I shall keep it in my purse from now on.

These were so fun and quick to make. The hardest part is deciding which funky fabric to use. For one of my BFFs, I did a turquoise and orange combination, and for me, a blue, pink and green. (NOTE: the green here is my favorite fabric ever, by Anne Marx for Free Spirit. I buy a yard whenever I find it.)

Hubby says I will lose my Cozy within a week. This is quite possible. But then I can make a new one! Meanwhile, if you have a birthday coming up, let me know and I'll make you one. I can do hearts, flowers, apples, cupcakes -- not just birds. I also sell them for $12 if you're looking for a funny little gift for a girlfriend. Happy caffeinating!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes! I will need some. Will you add ps I love you tags to gem? I will let you know how many soon!

    ReplyDelete